Thursday, October 22, 2009

just getting started here on blogspot

Well... I've always wanted to blog. Aside from my blogging on myspace (which has been ok) I've never really spilled my thoughts over the net before.

I'm kind of looking forward to it.

I tend to use many glaring errors in grammar, yet decidedly so... like those dots for example. I use them all to much. I just don't think that a period really holds the "breath" of thought that a few dots does...

As for something pertinent and not mindless drivel... I guess the best thing I could do now is just say what I'm doing with my life.

I've only recently joined the Facebook revolution in the last year. It has really changed the way I communicate. I rarely use myspace now, accept for small uses like bands or young relatives.

Speaking of bands, as a musician of poor morale towards performing in general, I've taken to promoting other peoples art. This has proved to be quite rewarding for me, much more so than promoting my own work.

I started an idea of sorts called the "Musician Venue Partnership" and promptly posted an add on Craigslist. The following morning I had a few responses, one of which from a local alternative Press here in town.

This has lead to a few opportunities promoting music in here in Anchorage. Most notably a "Back to College Bash" at Bernie's Bungalow, for whom I worked gainfully for a few mere months towards the end of this summer.

Also, as a part of being friends with people in bands, you MUST promote them shamelessly. Few know this obligation when entering into a relationship with a known musician. Caution is advised. It can be taxing, and in this town, out right exhausting!

Then to, I find it much easier to be a helping hand than fist of freedom. So I continue my hard work in the name of advocacy. Hopefully not in vein. Only time will tell.

So as you read this, ask yourself if you've done all you can to help your starving artist friend. Have you gone to enough shows? Do you feel guilty for lack of proper prudence in terms of your friends performance art?

If I've got you to at least think about music or art in your immediate zip code, I will consider my job today accomplished.

Go out and support our freedoms of expression. Nomatter what they are expressing. It will enlighten your soul and enrich your life... at least when it comes to water cooler conversations next week.

Intellectual conversations about art, especially those condemning the lack of culture in your community, make you seem like an astute fashionably cultured individual... and very very cool!

So if your community has less culture than a sheeps blood petri dish. Do something about it and create some!

that is all I have... tonight anyhow!

thanks for reading...
~Lonny

No comments:

Post a Comment